Monday, January 31, 2011
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #3: My Favorite CNY Cookie (Jan 2011) hosted by j3ss from j3ss kitchen
Recipe : ( adapted from Delicious Asian baked treats by Oi Lin )
- 50g all purpose flour
- 2 large pinch of salt
- 60g caster sugar
- 120g ground peanuts ( I used packed one from Phoon huat )
- 30g Ghee
- 3 tbsp groudnut oil
* Glaze : 1 egg , lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 180 degree C & line a baking tray with baking parchment . Sift flour & salt . Add sugar & ground peanuts and mix well . Mix Ghee & peanut oil . Add to flour mixture . Mix & bring the ingredients together to form a dough . If the dough is dry , add a little more oil . Scoop 1 level spoon of dough & shape it into a ball . Arrange on the tray . Bake for 10 mins , remove the tray from the oven and brush egg glaze on the tops of cookies . Bake for another 5 mins . Allow cookies to cool on tray for awhile before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely
* Result : I am quite satisfied with the outcome eventhough i am not a peanut fan . It has strong peanut flavour and really melt in your mouth .
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Monday, January 24, 2011
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #3: My Favorite CNY Cookie (Jan 2011) hosted by j3ss kitch3n
Recipe : ( adapted from Delicious Asian Baked Treats by Oi Lin ) :
-100g ground almonds
- 180g unsalted Ghee
- 130g caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 250g plain flour or all-purpose flour
* Glaze : 1 egg yolk mix with 1 tsp of water
- Small paper case
1 . Preheat oven to 180 degree C . Toast ground almonds for 5 mins . Set aside to cool .
2. Mix Ghee , sugar , salt and vanilla essence . Add cooled ground almonds and mix well . Sift flour over the Ghee mixture . Fold the flour into the mixture . Bring the ingredients together to form a dough .
3. Preheat oven to 180 degree C .
4. Scoop 1 level tsp of dough , shape it into a ball and place in paper case . Arrange on a baking tray .
5. Bake for 10 mins . Remove tray from the oven and glaze the cookies with egg yolk . Put the tray back into the oven , bake for another 10 mins .
6. Allow cookies to cool completely on a wire rack before storing in an airtight container .