Wednesday, July 27, 2011
* Eggyolk mixture :
- 3 eggyolks
-70g cakeflour + 5g corn flour , sift together
-40g corn oil
- 50g fresh milk
* Eggwhite mixture :
- 3 eggwhites
- 75g caster suger
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
* Filling :
- 250ml whipping cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp caramel powder
* Prepare a swiss roll tray lined with baking paper . Preheat the oven at 210 degree C ( 190 degree C - fan forced ). Prepare another sheet of baking paper that is bigger than the tray .
* Eggyolk mixture : Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl . Use a baloon whisk , mix all together till smooth and creamy . Leave aside .
* Eggwhite mixture : Put eggwhites in another dry and clean mixing bowl . Beat with a mixer till foamy , slowly add in sugar and cream of tartar . Beat until eggwhite become soft peak .
* Add 1/2 the yolk mixture into the whites , fold gently with a spatula to combine , fold in the rest of the yolk mixture until well mixed . Pour the batter into prepared tray. Bake for 12 mins in the preheated oven.
* When the cake is cooked , take out from the oven . Turn the cake upside down onto prepared baking paper immediately , roll the cake while it still hot to get in shape . Let cook on rack .
* Filling : pour everything into a mixing bowl , stir to mix . Let cold in the fridge for 1 hour . Use mixer to beat until thick .
* When the cake is cooled , unfold it gently , spread caramel cream on it , roll it back without the baking paper . Slide to serve.
I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #9 : Swiss rolling good time , hosted by Obsessedly Involved with Food .
Wednesday, July 6, 2011
* Ingredients : ( for about 8 medium muffins )
- 130g caster sugar
- 50g margarine ( at room temperature )
- 1 egg
- 150g self raising flour
- 80ml fresh milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 80g fresh blueberries
- 50g white chocolate chips
Line a muffin tin with muffin paper . Place the sugar and butter in a mixing bowl and beat them together with a wooden spoon . Add the egg into it . Sift in the flour and stir it . Add the milk , vanilla extract , blueberries and white chocolate chips . stir them in quickly . Spoon the batter into muffin tin till 2/3 full . Bake in preheated oven at 190 degree C for 20-25 mins or until cooked . Let muffins cool in tin