Recipe : ( adapted from Fly me to the moon ) , to make 10 mooncake - 120g each :
* Skin :
- 200g sugar syrup
- 50g groundnut oil
- 1 tsp alkaline water
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 320 g all purpose flour
* Filling :
- 600 g green bean paste , divide into 10 portions
- 10 salted egg yolks
* Glaze :
- 2 egg yolks mix with 2 tsp of water , beat well , sieved .
* Skin : Sugar syrup mix with oil , alkaline water and baking soda , mix well and leave overnight . Mix sugar syrup mixture into the flour and knead till become dough . Leave to rest for 30 mín before shapng .
* Filling : Salted egg yolks soak in rice wine with few slices of ginger for awhile . Take them out and steam for 10 mins . Flatten the green bean paste and wrap in the yolks , shape into balls
* Divide the skin dough into 10 portions , 50g each , shape into balls . Flatten it and wrap in the filling . Floured the moulds and put the mooncake balls in , press it down to get the imprints . Unmould ít on greased baking tray placed with baking paper . Bake in preheated oven at 200 degree C for 5 min . Take it out , spray water on the faces and leave it to cool down . Glazed with egg yolk and put back into oven , bake for further 5 mins . Take out and leave to cool on rack .