Monday, January 24, 2011
I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #3: My Favorite CNY Cookie (Jan 2011) hosted by j3ss kitch3n
Recipe : ( adapted from Delicious Asian Baked Treats by Oi Lin ) :
-100g ground almonds
- 180g unsalted Ghee
- 130g caster sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 250g plain flour or all-purpose flour
* Glaze : 1 egg yolk mix with 1 tsp of water
- Small paper case
1 . Preheat oven to 180 degree C . Toast ground almonds for 5 mins . Set aside to cool .
2. Mix Ghee , sugar , salt and vanilla essence . Add cooled ground almonds and mix well . Sift flour over the Ghee mixture . Fold the flour into the mixture . Bring the ingredients together to form a dough .
3. Preheat oven to 180 degree C .
4. Scoop 1 level tsp of dough , shape it into a ball and place in paper case . Arrange on a baking tray .
5. Bake for 10 mins . Remove tray from the oven and glaze the cookies with egg yolk . Put the tray back into the oven , bake for another 10 mins .
6. Allow cookies to cool completely on a wire rack before storing in an airtight container .