Friday, September 16, 2011

Chocolate mooncake with creamcheese filling

 I have tried my hands on this recipe. It turns out better than i expected , the chocolate skin goes so well with the creamcheese. Another great recipe to keep for every Mid-autumn season.
Recipe:
Ingredients:
* Skin : ( adapted from Fly me to the moon )
- 200g golden syrup
- 1 tsp alkaline water
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 50g peanut oil
- 280g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
* Filling : ( adapted from Mooncake sonata )
- 300g creamcheese
- 450g coffee greenbean  paste
* Glazing :
- 1 egg yolk, mixed with 1 tsp water, sieved well.
Method:
* Skin : Put golden syrup, alkaline water, baking soda and peanut oil into a bowl, mix well, leave overnight. Mix plain flour with cocoa powder, make a well in the center, pour in the syrup mixture, knead well until can get a smooth dough ( i used mixer to do this step) . Let dough rest for about 15'. Divide into 10 portions, 50g each.
* Filling: Divide creamcheese and coffee greenbean paste into 10 portions . Flatten 1 portion of greenbean paste, place in the creamcheese, shape round. Continue the process until finish up.
* Flatten 1 portion of skin, place in the filling ball, wrap it well and shape round. Put it into the dusted mould, press tight . Unmould it into baking tray, lined with baking paper. Bake in preheated oven at 200 degree C for 10', bring the tray out, spray water on the mooncakes immediately, let cool for about 10' . Glaze the mooncakes with eggyolk mixture, put back into the oven, bake for further 10' more. Bring it out, let cool completely.

I am submitting this post to Aspiring Bakers #11: Mid- Autumn Treats hosted by Happy Home Baking

9 comments:

  1. Hi,

    These mooncake moulds look special and the cakes turn out very nice. May I know where you get them?

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get them off of ebay. I found most of mine there.

      Delete
  2. Hi Helen. I got it from Bake King , Haig road

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thks! SCP79. BTW, how should I address you?

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen : u r welcome. U can call me Ly .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! Especially the mould. Am kivng this for next year. THanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I purchased my mooncake molds in the United States through Browncookie.com.
    Also, Amazon has a few listings. The Browncookie website is pretty reasonable.

    I'm making my first mooncakes tonight -- though it's a bit late for mooncake season.
    I just couldn't wait to try it.

    Regards,
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi,
    Could you please show me how to make coffee greenbean paste? Thank you very much!
    Ngoc

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi do i need to keep on fridge after cooling down the mooncake? Cause the filling itself its creamcheese. Please advice

    ReplyDelete