Friday, September 16, 2011
Chocolate mooncake with creamcheese filling
* Skin : ( adapted from Fly me to the moon )
- 200g golden syrup
- 1 tsp alkaline water
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 50g peanut oil
- 280g plain flour
- 40g cocoa powder
* Filling : ( adapted from Mooncake sonata )
- 300g creamcheese
- 450g coffee greenbean paste
* Glazing :
- 1 egg yolk, mixed with 1 tsp water, sieved well.
* Skin : Put golden syrup, alkaline water, baking soda and peanut oil into a bowl, mix well, leave overnight. Mix plain flour with cocoa powder, make a well in the center, pour in the syrup mixture, knead well until can get a smooth dough ( i used mixer to do this step) . Let dough rest for about 15'. Divide into 10 portions, 50g each.
* Filling: Divide creamcheese and coffee greenbean paste into 10 portions . Flatten 1 portion of greenbean paste, place in the creamcheese, shape round. Continue the process until finish up.
* Flatten 1 portion of skin, place in the filling ball, wrap it well and shape round. Put it into the dusted mould, press tight . Unmould it into baking tray, lined with baking paper. Bake in preheated oven at 200 degree C for 10', bring the tray out, spray water on the mooncakes immediately, let cool for about 10' . Glaze the mooncakes with eggyolk mixture, put back into the oven, bake for further 10' more. Bring it out, let cool completely.
Aspiring Bakers #11: Mid- Autumn Treats hosted by Happy Home Baking